If you are unfortunate enough to have a mechanical breakdown, your first thought is “how much is this going to cost me”. This Program is there for you.
This Program has been developed with you and your vehicle in mind. With our extensive years of experience in helping our customers, we have developed a comprehensive plan to assist you in reducing the cost of repairing your vehicle, should you ever need i
Just as vehicle insurance protects you from unexpected expenses caused by accidents, this Program assists you with expected expenses caused by mechanical failures. If a component, as defined within this booklet, of your vehicle fails after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, this Program can offset some or all of the repair costs, based on the claim limits as specified in the associated certificate that can quickly reach the thousand!
Quite often we see vehicle owners putting off much needed repairs until they feel they can afford the cost of the repair, or the problem has developed to a stage where “there is no option” but to fix it. However, putting off these repairs usually results in additional damage to the vehicle, possible causing the vehicle to become unsafe to drive, but definitely making the repair more expensive. As your vehicle ages the risk of failure will naturally increase. This is a fact that we all live with. Modern cars have become more complex and contain a multitude of electronics, sensors and computer chips that all need to work together for your vehicle to operate efficiently, and as a result you need to have appropriate tools and training to make sure these components are working correctly. While it is true that engines and transmissions have become more reliable, the new technology components are now the parts that fail the most. As vehicles become more advanced, associated repair costs are predicted to continue rising.
By having taken up this Program you are putting in place a plan to offset some of these costs. If you did not have this Program you would be paying for the full cost of repairs, parts and labour, at the future rate, which we all know could be higher than today.
This is not an insurance Program or extended Manufacturer’s warranty. This Mechanical Protection Program is funded and provided by Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group to ensure your vehicle is maintained, to optimise resale value and minimise the cost of component breakdown. The Mechanical Protection Program is only valid if you comply with the Program terms and conditions.
This Mechanical Protection Plan (MPP) is issued to provide a level of protection to you, the Owner, against the unexpected breakdown of nominated components within your vehicle. It is valid so long as you comply with the terms and conditions of the Program as set out herein.
The Program consists of the Booklet and the Associated Certificate that you have signed.
• This booklet identifies the terms and conditions of this Program as well as the rights and responsibilities of both Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group and You.
• The Associated Certificate confirms the level of this Program that you are enrolled in and the level of benefits that you are entitled to, as well as your acknowledgement that you understand and agree to abide by the terms of the Program.
Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group agrees that, in the event of breakdown of any covered component or part, they or their authorised agents will repair or replace such part(s) or component(s) (labour costs included), to a maximum based on the level of the Program identified in the Associated Certificate and subject to the terms and conditions as set our herein.
To retain and or obtain the benefits of this Program you MUST comply with the terms and conditions as identified in the Booklet and the Associated Certificate and ensure that your vehicle is returned to Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group’s Service Centre for its recommended service schedule as set out in this booklet.
We are making this investment to earn your loyalty and support. It is important that you understand that the above conditions are designed to ensure that your vehicle is maintained in accordance with the service schedule set out in this booklet which ensures you optimise resale value, minimise repairs and maximise performance and efficiency.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the Program will cause the Program to be terminated an all related benefits cancelled or forfeited.
In the event of breakdown of any component or part covered by the Program, Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group will repair or replace or make arrangements for the repair or replacement of such part(s) or component(s) (labour costs included), as outlined under the section titled MPP Covered Items within this booklet, subject to the Level of Program.
Items not covered are outlined under the section, Items Not Covered Under This Program, within this booklet.
It is your responsibility to read this booklet very carefully. In order to retain the validity of the Program, you are required to have all services, as defined within this member’s information booklet, carried out at Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group’s Service Centre. You must also comply with the terms of Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group’s Mechanical Protection Program as detailed within this booklet and the Associated Certificate.
Making a Claim
In all instances, you must contact Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group’s Service Department, as per the contact details on the back of this booklet and advise them of the mechanical problem and your circumstances. Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group staff will manage the claim and look after any associated paperwork for you.
In order to continue to enjoy the benefits provided by this Program, you are required to comply with the terms and conditions of this Program including the following servicing requirements which require that:
• During the term of the Manufacturer’s warranty, your vehicle is to be serviced at Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group’s Service Centre in accordance with the Manufacturer’s log book servicing specifications outlined in the Owner’s Manual.
• After the Manufacturer’s new vehicle warranty has expired, you are to return your vehicle to Brian Hilton Motor Group or Sydney Motor Group Service Centre for a recommended Preventative Maintenance Service, as outlined in this booklet, every 6 months or 10,000kms.
It is your sole responsibility as the Customer to ensure that services are carried out. It is recommended that you keep a copy of all service documents, as proof of service. The servicing of your vehicle is critical to its long term reliable operation and on the basis that the servicing requirements are met we are able to maintain this Program. The services must be performed at our Service Centre as we are unable to guarantee the quality of work performed by any other party. However, should there be a situation where you are unable to bring your vehicle to our Service Centre, e.g. interstate travel, please contact Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group, as per the back of this booklet, to determine if we are able to arrange some alternate support for you.
Basic Service Rates Basic service rates after new vehicle warranty expires and any used vehicle purchase, unless it is covered under one of our Manufacturer’s capped price servicing schedule. Basic oil and oil filter change, lights and levels safety check. Any additional items including synthetic oil that are required as per the Manufacturer’s service schedule are regarded as additional cost and wear and tear items.
Commercial Petrol............. $232
Commercial Diesel............ $262
4x4 Petrol.......................... $292
4x4 Diesel......................... $326
Recommended Preventative Maintenance Service and Inspections
This 6 monthly or 10,000km service and inspection is designed to help maintain your vehicle and includes the following:
• Engine oil with manufacturer’s specified motor oil
• Oil filters
• Air Filter
• Tyre’s including spare – condition and air pressure
• Engine Belts – Inspect
• All Lights – both external and instrument panel
• Operation of windscreen wipers – both front and rear
• Brakes – ensure sufficient depth of pad
• Brake Disk Rotors – ensure sufficient thickness and even wear
• Pollen Filter
• All fluid levels, condition and top up if required
• Conduct a visual check of under carriage
• Check status of Warning Lights
• Check Driver Assist Systems where fitted
• Radiator and Cooling Systems
• Heating System
• Air Conditioning
• Steering and Suspension
• Engine Management System
• Exhaust System
• Hand Brake
• Brake Operation
• Power Steering
• Windscreen Washer
• Automatic Transmission
• Conduct a Road test
You may also be required, from time to time, to pay for Manufacturer’s Specified maintenance work on your vehicle, in addition to the servicing requirements set out in the Program. This may include such things as; an injector, transmission or different services, also other items such as spark plugs or timing belts may need to be changed at specific intervals.
Any maintenance or repairs that are identified during an inspection and are authorised by you will be charged at your expense.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the odometer of the vehicle is in good working order. Should the odometer need replacement or repairs, Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group must be notified in writing
immediately and sent the following information:
• Date of the replacement or repair; and
• The Contract Number and Vehicle Registration Number
• The odometer reading both before and after replacement
Failure to comply with this clause will automatically render this Program null and void and all benefits owing under the Program will be forfeited or cancelled.
Brian Hilton Motor Group - Responsibilities and Limits of Liabilities
• Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group will replace or repair any components and/or parts covered in the Program, subject to the limits of your Program, when such repair or replacement is necessary as a result of mechanical breakdown during the Period of Protection. Mechanical breakdown will be deemed to have occurred where any component or part, as per the list within this booklet of covered items unable to perform its normal function.
• The term of the Program for the New, Used, Standard and Premium Programs is based on the Programs as detailed within the Associated Certificate, or the vehicles reaching the maximum odometers as defined in the Associated Certificate. The Program will expire when one of the above two criteria’s, time or odometer reading, is reached, whichever comes first.
The Mechanical Protection Plan or MPP, provides that where your vehicle is disposed of or written off within the first 3 months of the commencement of the Program, as defined in the Associated Certificate, that: -
1. The Program can be transferred, at no additional cost, to the replacement vehicle provided the replacement vehicle has been purchased from the Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group.
2. If the replacement vehicle was not purchased from Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group or you have elected not to replace the vehicle, then a 40% refund of monies paid for the specific Program,
is available provided no claims have been made and completed under the Program. Where a claim has been made and the work completed then no refund is available.
3. A refund is only applicable where a Program has been purchased by you and paid for separately.
Servicing at an Alternate Location
If one of our other service locations are more convenient for you, please notify the Service Manager to transfer your Mechanical Protection Plan (MPP) contract.
Termination of Program
This Program can be terminated if the vehicle has been: -
• Mechanically modified
• Subject to abusive driving
• Carrying loads outside of manufacturers’ specifications
• Used for racing, rallying, or competition of any type
• Used for, Hire, Taxi or Rental purposes
• Damaged to the extent that it has been written off or recorded as a ‘reportable write off’
• Odometer has been tampered with
• The vehicle has reached 300,000km
• A total of $3,000 claimed, as per the Standard Plan
• The policy will expire after 40 days if the outlined servicing requirements are not met
• The vehicle must be serviced at Brian Hilton Motor Group/Sydney Motor Group
Any of the items listed in the section, Your Responsibilities, are not fulfilled.
STANDARD COVER ITEMS